IBM is closely cooperating with the leading scientists, faculty members and students. Many of them make their own contribution into IBM research and development of application solutions.
IBM Academic Initiative offers access to wide range of IBM resources for faculty members of higher educational institutions worldwide, which can be used during lectures and while non-commercial scientific research in the fields of computer and information science. The list of offerings include
- IBM software and open source applications
- IBM studying materials, methodologies and manuals
- Teaching software and virtual 3D-simulators
- Extensive library of technical literature and magazines archive
- Remote access to the IBM educational resources
- Forums of IBM products users community
The membership to IBM Academic Initiative is open for faculty members, research professionals at accredited institutions and IBM employees whose work supports the academic Initiative. Membership is free and granted on an individual basis. You need only to fill in the membership application form and answer a few questions.
IBM Academic Initiative will give you an opportunity to find resources for your academic field or discipline
- Business analytics
- Business process management
- Cloud computing
- Commerce, marketing, and supply chain
- Enterprise computing
- Information management and big data
- IT service management
- Security and information assurance
A large selection of IBM software is accessible for IBM Academic Initiative members free of charge. Few additional products are available on CD by request.