ISTC Business School
ISTC is relaunching a new generation academy program! From now on, you can join our Business school, and earn your desired skills for specific fields, find your career path, create your startup or join our creative school for further amazing joint projects with partners.
The schools are designed to meet your specific skills’ gap, and the extended format will give you the opportunity to choose between several tracks simultaneously.
The classes will start from April, and are for all enthusiasts who want to be part of a targeted educational program unique in Armenia!
The new program is designed for everyone who needs fast paced knowledge with access to up-to-date technologies and software for project based learning. The Business School program has proved to be 90% efficient. The Design track will be an even bigger surprise for our beloved community.
Places are limited to 10 people, so hurry up not to lose your spot !
Upon Completion you will have hands on experience and ready to apply knowledge in real life, knowledge of IBM world, and an awesome network of like-minded people.
The Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) is a software package used in statistical analysis of data. The software was originally meant for the social sciences, but has become popular in other fields such as health sciences and especially in marketing, market research and data mining.Main topics to learn:
TOPIC 1 – Introduction to Statistical Analysis using IBM SPSS Statistics
- • Introduction to statistical analysis
- • Describing relationships between variables
- • Relationships between categorical variables
- • Understanding data distributions theory
- • Making inference about populations from samples
- • One sample T test
- • The Independent sample T test
- • The paired samples T test
- • One way ANOVA
- • Bivariate plots and correlations for scale variables
- • Introduction to Regression analysis
- • Introduction to Nonparametric tests
TOPIC 2 – Data Management and Manipulation with IBM SPSS Statistics
- • Explain the use of SPSS Statistics for basic data analysis
- • Import data from different types of file formats
- • Define, save and view variable properties
- • Use the Data Editor to enter data values, work with Data Editor features and multiple Data Editor windows
- • Summarize individual variables using tables and graphs
- • Group values of variables using various methods
- • Create new variables using the Compute Variable dialog
- • Analyze relationships between categorical variables and between categorical and scale variables
- • Select cases in a data file using various methods
- • Present results with charts
- • Use the Output Viewer and its editing features
- • Use basic syntax to automate analyses
- • Use the Toolbars
- • Use all types of help available in SPSS Statistics
- • Reading Data
- • Variable properties
- • Working with data editor
- • Summarizing individual variables
- • Modifying data values: recode
- • Modifying data values: compute
TOPIC 3 – SPSS for Marketing
TOPIC 4 – Predictive Analytics with IBM SPSS MODELER
with Ruben Gevorgyan
Business process management (BPM) is a systematic approach to making an organization’s workflow more effective, more efficient and more capable of adapting to an ever-changing environment. The goal of BPM is to reduce human error and miscommunication and focus stakeholders on the requirements of their roles.
Main topics to learn:
TOPIC 1 – Business Process Analysis and Definition, UML 2.0
- • What is a Business Process?
- • Real-life examples for introduction for processes
- • What is Business Process Implementation
- • Importance of Business Processes – structured/unstructured
- • The role of the Business Analyst /Requirement Engineer, Interview
- • Activity Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams
TOPIC 2 – Business Process Management and IBM Blueworks Live
- 1. Introduction, History
- •Business Process Maturity Model
- 2. Management Information Systems
- •Characteristics and Value of Information
•Types of Management Information Systems
- 3. Process Design Evaluation
- •Understanding the concept of Value in BPM, Towards a generic framework
•How to align BPM to Profitability Thinking
•Levels of measurement
•Essential Components of the Calculation, Real World examples
- 4. Process Execution Evaluation
- •How to evaluate a running process?
•How to find the right measures?
•What is performance measurement? Most common approaches
TOPIC 3 – BPM Project Management
TOPIC 4 – Business Process Implementation with BPMN, IBM BPM
with Marine Ghahramanyan
Project management is the application of processes, methods, knowledge, skills and experience to achieve the project objectives. The main objective of the course is to provide theoretical and practical knowledge of the Project Management components and project management tools and techniques to assist project managers and teams in various aspects of project management.
The core components of project management are:
- • defining the reason why a project is necessary;
- • capturing project requirements, specifying quality of the deliverables, estimating resources and timescales;
- • preparing a business case to justify the investment;
- • securing corporate agreement and funding;
- • developing and implementing a management plan for the project;
- • leading and motivating the project delivery team;
- • managing the risks, issues and changes on the project;
- • monitoring progress against plan;
- • managing the project budget;
- • maintaining communications with stakeholders and the project organisation;
- • provider management;
- • closing the project in a controlled fashion when appropriate.
with Marine Ghahramanyan
The importance of financial risk management can hardly be overstated. Awareness of risk has increased as we currently live in a less stable economic and political environment. The purpose of this financial risk management training course is to provide managers with a solid understanding of financial risk and how to manage it.
- Financial Crisis & Risk
- Market Efficiency & Behavioral Finance
- Econometrics Review
- Definitions of risk
- Demand estimation for risk management, and financial services
- Risk management introduction
- Comparative advantage in risk management
- Sources of risk
- Risk management strategy examples
- Risk and utility
- Moral hazard and Adverse Selection
- Portfolio theory and risk management
- Capital Market Theory
- Cost of risk to firms
- Benefits of risk reduction
- Measuring risk on financial statements
- Implementing a risk management program
- Value at Risk (VAR) Application; Estimating Volatility (GARCH and EMA models)
- Regulation and Value at Risk (VAR): Basel Accord
- Credit Risk : Counterparty Risk, Bankruptcy Risk, Credit Scoring and Lending, Bond Rating
- Portfolio Optimization for investment
- Simulation and Option Pricing Models
with Levon Khachatryan
Digital analytics is the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data from your business and the competition to drive a continual improvement of the online experience that your customers and potential customers have which translates to your desired outcomes (both online and offline).Main topics to learn:
TOPIC 1 – Introduction to Digital Marketing
TOPIC 2 – Social Media Marketing Strategies and ROMI (Return on Marketing Investment)
TOPIC 3 – Social Media Marketing Strategies and IBM Digital Analytics
TOPIC 4 – SEO, PPC and E-mail Marketing
TOPIC 5 – Budgeting & Metrics
with Ruzanna Safaryan
IBM Bluemix and IBM Watson technologies will be an added value to all the courses.
Students of the Academy Program will have free unlimited access to all the resources of the Center.
Successful students will become part of the internship program, create their own start-up, start working in our partner companies, or become part of the research team!
Courses start: April, 2017
Prerequisites: Knowledge of English, Computer literacy, thinking skills, motivation!!!
Deadline for the 1st round of applications: April 7, 2017
Trainers: Follow the link to find out more about our amazing trainers !
For more information and registration, you are invited to submit the form below before April 7, 2017 and become part of our awesome community.