ISTC Research Grant Program
Innovative Solutions and Technologies Center (ISTC) with the support of Enterprise Incubator Foundation and USAID Armenia are announcing the third call of ISTC Research Grant Program (IRGP) which is intended to encourage collaboration between academy and industry, R&D promotion and commercialization.
ISTC will support projects undertaking innovation from the demonstration stage through to piloting, test-beds, systems validation in real-world/working conditions. It targets relatively mature new technologies, concepts, processes and business models that need the last development step to reach the market and achieve wider deployment.
Research Key Priority Areas
- Research main areas: Cognitive computing (AI), Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics, Cyber Security, Cloud Computing and Blockchains.
- Other Research areas: bioinformatics, internet of things, nanotechnology; foundations with work in areas such as content management, services-oriented architectures, and healthcare informatics
- Industries: banking and finance, transportation, healthcare, life sciences, retail, telecommunications, energy and water. The stated industries are not limitations, but will accordingly allow finding a partnership for further commercialization of the Research.
In the scope of IRGP ISTC will provide:
- Funding – 6000 USD NET for 1-year research work on their topic;
- Access to ISTC infrastructure and resources;
- Funding for travel to US, in case of matching with IBM partner University in USA, and invitation letter from the partner;
- Support in development of commercialization strategy;
- Support in development of joint international grant with global partners