ISTC Joint Research Grant Program
Innovative Solutions and Technologies Center (ISTC) with support of Enterprise Incubator Foundation and USAID Armenia are launching ISTC Joint Research Grant Program (IJRGP) which is intended to encourage collaboration between academy and industry, R&D promotion and commercialization.
ISTC will support projects undertaking innovation from the demonstration stage through to piloting, test-beds, systems validation in real world/working conditions. It targets relatively mature new technologies, concepts, processes and business models that need a last development step to reach the market and achieve wider deployment.
Research Key Priority Areas
- Research main areas: The main areas for Research are: Cognitive computing, Big Data Analytics, Cloud, Internet of things, Mobility, Security and Social.
- Other Research areas: nanotechnology, spin physics and photoresists and cognitive solutions and foundations with work in areas such as content management, human-computer interaction, text analytics, services-oriented architectures and healthcare informatics.
- Industries: The target industries that are intended as a base for the Research selection are the following: banking and finance, healthcare, life sciences, retail, telecommunications, energy and water. The stated industries are not limitations, but will accordingly allow to find a partnership for further commercialization of the Research.
In the scope of IJRGP ISTC will provide:
- Funding – 6000 USD NET for 1-year research work on their topic;
- Access to IBM cloud infrastructure and resources;
- Support in development of commercialization strategy;
- Support in applying to joint international grant with global partners.
ISTC is accepting Concept Papers as a first stage of Application procedure until 14th of December 2016.Interested applicants are invited to submit Proposals for IJRGP.
The applications for the moment are closed. The next round will be announced in Spring.